7,62-mm machine gun PKP "Pecheneg" (GRAU index - 6P41) - Russian general-purpose machine gun, developed on the basis of RMB. It designed to defeat enemy personnel, fire and vehicles, aerial targets. designed TSNIITOCHMASH.
Pecheneg machine gun – video
Description gun Pecheneg
The basis for the design is taken a 7.62-mm Kalashnikov machine gun. This allowed expand production at minimum cost 1999 city, as well as to simplify its operation. Receiver unit provides at least shooting 600 long bursts of ammunition without impairing the effectiveness of fire. When conducting a long battle gun can fire up 10 000 rounds per hour without deterioration combat performance and reduce resource trunk. Generally, Pecheneg retained until 80 % common parts with FRP (receiver with all the mechanisms, machine).
Petcheneg can use the full range of 7,62 × 54 mm rifle cartridges R. The machine gun used forced air cooling system of the barrel due to the energy of the propellant gases. Adjustable venting mechanism allows to maintain Pecheneg in all climates. The barrel has external fins and is enclosed in a metal casing. powder gases, coming out of the barrel, create negative pressure zone in the front part of the casing. In the rear part of the casing are made special ventilation window. In this way, during the shooting along the barrel is continuously pumped cold air. Permanent trunk cooling reduces dissipation when shooting, and also increases the durability of the barrel. trunk resource is 25-30 thousand rounds when fired in intensive modes.
Strengthening barrel bipod allowed to move with the gas chamber on the muzzle, which increased the support base and reduced dispersion to 70 %, However, this situation is not always convenient bipod, as it limits the fire sector edge without moving the hand and / or weapons. Alignment of the temperature field trunk resource allowed to increase its level to, given by the whole gun (or doubled compared with RMB), as well as lower divestment aiming point during continuous shooting up to the value of, at the most 0,001 share range. This would eliminate the second hole (although mount stem from a Quick-Pecheneg remains) and, regardless of the setting gun on the sub-screen, reduce the weight of marching weapons.
Besides, Pecheneg gun design significantly reduces the detrimental effect of the rising heated air flow on the trunk line of sight. Increased heat dissipation of the new machine gun visible at night even with the naked eye as bright trunks glow after the execution of all ammunition.
Modifications Pecheneg machine gun
The following options are commercially produced machine gun:
– night (6P41N) - with strap dovetail for night or optical sight;
– easel (6P41S) - the machine Stepanova 6T5;
– machine-night (6P41SN) - with mounting strap and machine.
Pecheneg machine gun bullpup
Assault variant gun layout bullpup was demonstrated President Izhevsk 18 September 2013 , during his visit to the concern "Kalashnikov". From the usual "Pecheneg" truncated variant differs backplate instead of using and making a butt handle forward fire control. Due to this, the machine gun became shorter 27 see and easier to 0,5 kg while maintaining the length of the barrel (65 cm).
- reduced weight;
- the ability to install additional tactical units;
- improved muzzle - muzzle brake-compensator instead of the flame arrester;
- duplicate trigger.
- absence of open sights;
- inability to quickly replace the external sights from the use of straps Picatinny;
- inability to normal transport of weapons because the handle located on the sights;
- fuse is located in the same place, We have to be distracted by his switch, that very uncomfortable in the absence of normal butt;
- access to the gas regulator when installing the laser pointer and flashlight becomes uncomfortable;
- Status boxes with cartridges obliquely causes the tape bending, which can cause difficulty with ammunition supply, and provides a strong load on the trigger guard;
- for maintenance of weapons to remove dirt from under the fore-end it will have to shoot, what to do in the field and without tools a bit difficult;
- uncomfortable strap mount on the butt;
- the impossibility of fighting with the machine;
- violation of the weight distribution of weapons, which clearly affect the accuracy of the battle, although for urban combat is not very important.
Pecheneg machine gun-SP
Pechenegishes-SP (GRAU index - 6P69) - upgrading of external devices Pecheneg gun barrel and replacement to finned casing without forced cooling. They include low noise firing device (tactical silencer), front handle on the gas outlet, quick release bipod. Cartridge Box Shots inside plastic. Picatinny rail on the lid of the receiver for fixing a uniform optical sight 1P89-3. Adjustable length, skladыvayuschyysya example. Rib mechanical sight marked to 800 m.
The performance characteristics of the Pecheneg machine gun
– Adopted: 2001
– Constructor: TSNIITOCHMASH
– designed: 1995 year
– Manufacturer: TSNIITOCHMASH, Degtyarev plant
Weight Pecheneg machine gun
– 8,2 kg (on bipod) or 12,7 kg (on the machine)
Dimensions Pecheneg machine gun
– Length, mm: 1155
– barrel length, mm: 658
Pecheneg machine gun cartridge
– 7,62× 54 mm R
Caliber machine gun Pecheneg
– 7,62 mm
Rate Pecheneg machine gun
– 650 rounds / min
bullet speed gun Pecheneg
– 825 m / s
Sighting range Pecheneg machine gun
– 1500 m
type boepitaniya: tape on 100 rounds
Maximum range, m: 3800
Work principles: removal of powder gases
Aim: mechanical (male and steel)
Photo gun Pecheneg